The success of a file format is only determined by the extent of its adoption. For this reason we greatly welcome any feedback and contribution from interested users.
8.1. How to participate?¶
The Photon-HDF5 project resources include:
- Reference Documentation (i.e. this document).
- Examples on reading Photon-HDF5 in multiple languages.
- Software for saving/converting Photon-HDF5 files: phconvert (reference python library); phforge (script to be used from any language); Photon-HDF5 Online Converter (demostrative service).
All the sources (including for the documentation) are hosted on GitHub and we encourage to open GitHub Issues in the documentation repository to discuss any topic related Photon-HDF5. You can also contact us by email, but we prefer to use GitHub in order to keep any discussion public.
Contributions (such as fixes or enhancements) can be sent using GitHub Pull Requests (PR). You can find guides on how to send a PR on the GitHub website. If have have any doubts, please contact us on the Photon-HDF5 google group and we will be glad to help you getting started.
There are several ways you can get involved:
- Sending feedback: if you use or plan to use Photon-HDF5 and have any comment or suggestion, please send it to us! Even if you don’t have any problem we would like to hear back about your use case. For this topic please use the Photon-HDF5 google group or open an issue in the documentation repository.
- Documentation contributions: if you feel that some section of this document should be expanded or enhanced in any way, please feel free to open an issue or send a PR (see note above) on the documentation repository.
- Contributing examples: you can send a new example on reading Photon-HDF5 files in a new language or for a different measurement type. Or simply send a fix for the current examples.
- Contributing to phconvert: you can open issues to report bugs, discuss usage or propose enhancements. You are also more than welcome to send PR for fixes or enhancements to the library. The official repository is this one.
8.2. Contributions Acknowledgement¶
Any contributions to this documentation will be listed in the front page, just below the authors.
Contributions to other repository (e.g. phconvert,
phforge, reading examples,
etc.) will be
acknowledged in the respective website and listed in their
All the code in Photon-HDF5 projects is released under the